Keep Your Wardrobe Looking Its Best
Clothing costs can be a big chunk out of your budget. To cut your clothing costs and keep your wardrobe looking its best, keep these tips in mind.
- Don't crowd your clothing when loading your washer. A very full washer will not allow the clothing to rinse as well, leading to a buildup of detergent and fabric softener. This can eventually make your clothes look more worn. You should also give your clothing some breathing room in your closet. Use only plastic, wood, or padded hangers and leave enough room between clothes to prevent wrinkles.
- To keep your clothes looking their best, use cold water when washing. You can also flip your clothing inside out. Both of these techniques will help prevent fading of colors.
- Only use the minimum amount of detergent and fabric softener that you really need. It may take a little experimenting to see how much you can decrease your use of these chemicals, but it is most likely much less than you are using now. By using less, you will extend the life of your wardrobe.
- To prevent tears, unbutton clothing before placing in your washer. You should also fix any small rips as soon as possible to prevent them from becoming larger and harder to repair.
- Treat stains as soon as possible. Do not let stains sit for long periods of time before washing. If you are having a garment dry cleaned, be sure to let your cleaner know of any stains and what caused them. This gives him a better chance of removing the stain.
- Sweaters and delicate items should be dried flat and folded to store. Hangers can damage fine knits.
Canterbury House Apartments in Houma, Louisiana goes out of our way to ensure that you live the lifestyle you have always desired and deserved. These helpful tips go beyond the scope of services we offer in our community in order to provide you with a more efficient routine.